Can you guess the places we are describing? Leave your answers in your comments box and you may want to use an atlas to help you. Thanks
It ends with the letter ‘I’.
It’s one of the largest rivers.
Its connected to the gulf of Mexico.
Its in the northern Hemisphere.
Its North of New Orleans.
It also connects to Lake Superior.
It runs through ten states.
Its in North America….Who am I?
Its North of the equator
The country this city is in runs through the tropic of cancer line.
This city is definitely not in North America.
Sudan is one of this countries neighbours.
Its on the bank of a famous river.
There’s 5 letters in this city’s title.
There is a U and an R in the name of this city….Who am I?
We are in the tropical continent.
Our city begins with an ‘R’
We are in South America
We are very close to Bolivia.
We have one of the seven wonders of the world.
One of our country’s borders touches the Atlantic Ocean
Our city is made up of 3 words…Who am I?
This is a country which is a little larger comparing to Sierra Leone.
We are in the Northern Hemisphere.
We have a very rich culture.
The name of this country has 2 ‘A’s in it and 1 ‘H’.
We are in West Africa.
Our neighbouring country starts with a T…Who am I?
We are a city who is sometimes on the news.
We have a river flowing through our country.
We are in the Northern hemisphere.
Our continent start with the letter ‘A’.
Our flag has the colours, red, white, black and with green detail.
The country we are in has four letters.
Its definitely not in Australia.
We are land locked…Who am I?
As part of our history topic, we have been focusing on the Ancient Islamic World with special focus on Bhagdad. Here, we learnt about the House of Wisdom and why it was so famous many years ago. We were given a task of creating an advertising video to show how much we’ve understood about the importance of the place. See what you think, remember to leave your comments. Enjoy…
We have been working hard solving missing numbers in fractions, in fact we think we can solve fraction problem better than our parents. Why don’t you try to see if you can solve any of the questions we’ve been doing in class. All the work is the children own. Just click on this link and all the posts will open up.
Segways and hoverboards have recently been made illegal to ride on public footpaths as their have been several injuries. But many argue there is no problem with them and that they are a safe mode of transport. What are your views on this? Discuss….
Many of the children in the class have taken a big interest in Michael Morpurgo books. They are reading them daily every chance they get. They even come to school holding them in their hands in case they get a cheeky 5 minutes to have a quick read. Why do you like these books so much? What makes them exciting? What makes you recommend them to friends because I can see more and more of you choosing to read them. Do they take you long to read? What questions do you have for Michael? Let’s see if we can get him to answer some of your comments.
Here’s a quiz on our ‘Earth & Space’ topic. There’s a prize if you get 19 or 20 correct. Goodluck People…may the force be with you.
1. What is the closest planet to the Sun?
2. What is the name of the 2nd biggest planet in our solar system?
3. What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
4. What planet is famous for its big red spot on it?
5. What planet is famous for the beautiful rings that surround it?
6. Can humans breathe normally in space as they can on Earth?
7. Is the sun a star or a planet?
8. Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
9. What planet is known as the red planet?
10. What is the name of the force holding us to the Earth?
11. Have human beings ever set foot on Mars?
12. What is the name of a place that uses telescopes and other scientific equipment to research space and astronomy?
13. What is the name of NASAâ€™s most famous space telescope?
14. Earth is located in which galaxy?
15. What is the name of the first satellite sent into space?
16. Ganymede is a moon of which planet?
17. What is the name of Saturnâ€™s largest moon?
18. Olympus Mons is a large volcanic mountain on which planet?
19. Does the sun orbit the Earth?
20. Is the planet Neptune bigger than Earth? Continue reading →
Hello everyone, Mr Lathia. Since having my new class this year, I have observed that soo many of you are crazy over this new game minecraft. You need to help me understand it…..
What is it about? Â What do you have to do? Â Is there any characters in it? Â Can you complete the game? Â How do you play with your friends? Â Can two people on one computer?
These are all questions I have about the game because I really don’t understand what the fuss is about. Is it really as good as you all are making out? Help Mr Lathia understand this please Kingfisher Class……