Segways and hoverboards ILLEGAL. Do you agree?

segwaySegways and hoverboards have recently been made illegal to ride on public footpaths as their have been several injuries. But many argue there is no problem with them and that they are a safe mode of transport. What are your views on this? Discuss….

11+

Users who have LIKED this post:

• Derry Steane
  • Alicia Taylor
  • Aminur Rahman

19 thoughts on “Segways and hoverboards ILLEGAL. Do you agree?

1. Alexander StewardBoorne

I think they should be illegal as firstly if your going down hill you could fall of and seriously hurt yourself or you can crash. 🙂

2. Momen HajalHusseinMomen HajalHussein

Swegways shouldn’t be illegal because people wasted £200 on a swegway for nothing and many people have just got there one and there surprised that swegways are illegal if hands free swegways are illegal the ones with the handle bars should be illegal

3. Waran Duku

I think segways should be illegal because loads of people get hurt, and why can’t people walk, go with a scooter or a bike?

Users who have LIKED this post:

4. Adriano Brown

It was right to make them illegal because if someone was on full speed using a segway they could really injure an innocent person and they could go to hospital. So that’s one of my reasons my other reason is that if two people on segway’s bashed in to each over it could be a serious injury.

5. Joshua Plomer

I think that segways should stay illegal because some injurys can get very dangerous

Users who have LIKED this post:

6. Joshua HarrisShute

I think segways should be illegal because they have caused may injuries in the past and riding them on a footpath could hurt a child so the best place to ride them s on the road however if they think there not there not safe on the road then there is no point riding them.

7. Aminur RahmanAminur Rahman

As the post said there have been many injuries with the segways. This is only because people can’t control them. I believe that people should be trained to use segways otherwise they should just use a bike or a scooter.

8. Adriano Merra

I think segways should stay illegal seen as many people get injured badly by them adults get injured and children , some adults drive them across long roads thinking it’s safe that’s why it should stay illegal.

9. Alicia TaylorAlicia Taylor

I think they should not be illegal because they are fun to go around on I a interesting way of transport. Although they are allot of money they are good fun and people who have bought them cant even take them out!!!

10. Derry SteaneDerry Steane

I think they should be illegal because they can’t be controlled so then there is an accident just waiting around the corner. Even though it’s against the law people don’t listen to the law people still do it.

11. Banita Sehra

I think segways should be illegal especially if they are to be ridden on pathways. I think they should be illegal because if they are to be ridden pathways they could knock someone over and can seriously injure them badly they are very dangerous. However, in some ways they are very fun to use people enjoy ridding on them!

12. Lillie-Rose

I agree with segway boards being illegal because, although they are cool to play around with and show off to your friends, they can cause several injuries such as: bumping into people, tripping downhill, driving into toddlers and small children, accidents in the road e.t.c.

13. Harris

I agree because they could hit someone in-front of them or fall over and have a nasty accident so the path will have to be sectioned off witch means the residents wont be able to pass but they can always use the cycle path . And i disagree because the people on the segways can’t go on the road because they might get hit by a type of transport or they might not be able to stop them selves.

These are the consequences !

Users who have LIKED this post:

14. Sascha CameronSascha Cameron

we think both because they cost allot of money and it would be amazing to go on one .. it will be illegal because people could get heart and that they could get sent to the police for that . but i realy want a segway or just to ride on it for 1 day

by sascha and princess

15. Caroline Mwangi

i think that segways should be taken away because people get heart and it is mot good so that people will be safe when they are going somewhere.